Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Versatility of Glitter - Who Knew?! Fantastic Designs by ArtisticWill Studios

I have been waiting months to do this post! I have had the pleasure of getting to know one of my fellow indiExhibit artists recently by way of having her complete several commissioned pieces of art for me. One as a gift for myself, and several as gifts for others.

If you haven't yet seen the work of ArtisticWill Studios, check it out!  She uses glitter in a way that I haven't seen before. When I first think of glitter, I think of my two young kids and glitter pens on construction paper. This could not be further from what ArtisticWill Studios does!

According to her Etsy shop description, the artist, "developed a technique using multiple layer of irredescent glitter paints on clear acetate in a stained glass style for an unique art and keepsake."

The result is just stunning. One of my favorite birds is a great blue heron. I decided to order a custom paperweight of a heron for my desk. The artist worked very closely with me to make sure the design was exactly what I wanted. I was thrilled with the final product! It's a beautiful addition to my desk.


Once I received my heron, my mind started thinking about some upcoming gift occasions and so I went back to ArtisticWill Studios for more!






I had this custom paperweight made as part of a wedding gift for some friends (one of whom loves penguins).









 






Purchased this beautiful paperweight for my Mom for Mother's Day.






  






And commissioned this birthday present for my sister, who loves golfing.










ArtisticWill Studios also offers beautiful keepsake plaques, pendants, bookmarks, and, of course, custom pieces. If you have someone on your gift list that is hard to buy for, this might be exactly what you are looking for! Take a peek and see glitter in a new way!




4 comments:

Sarah Sequins said...

Oh, wow!!! What absolutely beautiful work. I love glitter and use it in my paintings, but her technique is one I've never seen before.

Thanks for sharing, Carol!

Carol Creech said...

Glad you enjoyed, it Sarah! I just love her work. So glad I had a chance to tell people about it.
Carol

MILLY said...

Hello Carol,
Hope the exhibition is getting lots of visitors and you are getting some good feedback. It is exciting to see your work displayed, well done.
millyx

Carol Creech said...

Thanks, Milly!
Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...