Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Fabric Designs For Sale!

I love seeing a Spoonflower package in the mail :)

I received proofs of 6 new designs - all of which are now available for purchase! I was really interested to see how my Orange Star Blossom design printed up. It is based on my original graphite illustration of a beautiful little blossom from an Orange Star plant (Ornithogalum dubium). 

I put it on several different backgrounds, including a dark blue, medium green, and white. I also did some variations on the blossom itself in my photo editing program and came up with a variation with an orange flower on a white background. All of these are a smaller-scale print that would look great on napkins, placemats, quilts, or other home decor.


   

Orange Star Blossom on Blue. This sample is printed on the limited edition cotton poplin fabric.

  
Orange Star Blossom on Green. This sample is printed on quilting weight cotton.

Both of the samples below are printed on the organic cotton sateen, which has a bit more sheen to it. The photos don't show that as well since I wanted to make sure you could see the design.


I also had my Tree Stripes, a complimentary fabric for my Trees collection, printed on the wonderful, new cotton silk. It's beautiful! I love the richness and shine.


Finally, I had one of my new Red Leaf in Autumn designs printed. It looks gorgeous! This sample is a fat quarter on organic cotton sateen


Do you have a favorite one from this most recent batch? Or maybe you go for a different style altogether? I'd love to hear about your favorite fabrics and colors!

I think I'll have to start brushing up on my sewing skills. I'm starting to accumulate a nice stash of samples! Just like a blank piece of paper, there is nothing like the potential of a length of fabric. It's just begging to be transformed into something beautiful. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...