Friday, November 4, 2011

A Beautiful Fall Leaf!

Finally, some new artwork! I had a rare opportunity this afternoon - toddler was napping and my older daughter and her friend were out in the yard playing on this gorgeous, fall day. They were bringing me leaves and this little gem was in the stash. 

I haven't looked up what tree this is from - any ideas?

I was able to do an ink and colored pencil drawing on Fabriano Artistico (extra white) 140 lb hot press watercolor paper. I used my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. 

I really love the green and yellow mottling in the center and the rich reds throughout the leaf. Glad I drew it as soon as they brought it in as it's already mostly brown and the vibrant colors have faded.

What fun, autumn arts and crafts have you been up to lately?

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Beautiful leaf for sure! I'm always amazed at your wonderful artwork!

Carol Creech said...

Thanks, Robbie! I'm kinda surprised I was able to do this one so quickly yesterday afternoon. Grateful I had a chance to complete it!
Carol

Feathers said...

I wonder if it is from a Bradford Pear tree. They turn red in the fall, and are about that shape too. Whatever it is, it's a great job.

Carol Creech said...

I think you might be right about the pear tree. I looked it up and I think those are the same as some in our neighborhood, so it makes sense. Thanks!
Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...