Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Fabric Swatches from Spoonflower!

I recently received my latest batch of fabric swatches from Spoonflower. I wisely read the instructions online this time and ordered the swatch sampler, which was much more reasonably priced per swatch. I can get up to 30 designs on one large sheet of quilting weight fabric. I think this one contained about 27 designs and it was around $39 total with shipping. Much better than $5.00 per swatch, individually.


  

I think they all turned out pretty nicely, with a few favorites like the purple cyclamen, the tulip and daffodil variations with different backgrounds, and the woodland peonies. I also like how some of the frog prints turned out. Ok, I really like pretty much all of these. :) Most of these are now for sale in my Spoonflower profile (I may revise the windmill prints before posting for sale...), so feel free to check them out there for a closer look! I'd love to hear what you think and am always open to suggestions for improvements, different sizes, etc.

A little closer view - loving those tulips!

The purple cyclamen looks especially nice, I think. And I love the idea of using that large, single woodland peony on a pillow or tote bag.

Other project ideas? I'm thinking bookbinding (covers, perhaps embellished with some beading), a bag or purse, maybe a table runner or even a nice scarf. So many ideas, so little time! What fabric projects do you envision with these, or what fabric projects are you currently working on?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...