Wednesday, February 16, 2011

House Portrait - in progress (pencil draft)



I have been working on an 8 x 10 house portrait this week. I thought it would be interesting to post some in-progress scans so you can see how the process works. I always try to get as much detail down in pencil before I do any inking. It's much easier to correct pencil, of course, and so the longest part of the process is getting the pencil just right.

What you see above is the first pencil draft I scanned. Here I am still working on the siding and adding details in the landscaping as well as some details on the home. It is starting to come together nicely, but still needs to be finalized. 

Stop back to see an update on the pencil scan as I finalize it. Then onto the inking!

2 comments:

Belinha Fernandes said...

Thank you for following!
:)

Lisa at Visual Journey Photo said...

Wow, that's very nice! I would love to have such talent. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...